Monday, August 27, 2007

Leg 04 - Henderson to Southern Pines, NC


Only took 1 photo today - at the end of the trip in Southern Pines. A great old school town with the railroad running right down the middle - and yes, pine trees and needles everywhere. Ride down Rt 1 today was fantastic - temp at the highest around 90 and sweet, oh so sweet flat roads and was able to log 110 miles. This will likely be my last update for a day or two - I'm losing my support car for a day and will be sending most of my equipment back to VA except a few critical items - they're just to heavy too haul and I think I'll be hitting some major hills as I turn west in S.C. My sister will be driving back down to pick up support Wednesday night and I'll try update Thursday/Friday. Legs feel pretty good at this point, butt is pretty sore, and I'm taking in about 300 oz (about the equivalent of a case of beer) on the ride a day - a lot of water.

2 comments:

Don & Joanne said...

Glad to hear you had a great run today. Looks like you have about 35 miles to go tomorrow before crossing into South Carolina. Good luck on tomorrow's run and hope you can enjoy the ride in spite of the sore butt.

Don & Joanne

Deana said...

Hey, honey bun -

...glad you had a great ride yesterday. You were due for one, that's for sure. Good luck today.

Don't worry about things at home. April and the dogs are keeping your side of the bed warm and we've only had one kitchen fire thus far. By the way - where is the fire extinguisher? The Oban didn't work very well.